Please read entire qualifications.
Deadline to apply is December 31, 2022
With the current situation we will be doing online voting this year and not having an annual meeting. So in the application we are asking for a short bio that we can have online for our supporters to read and make their decisions to on who to vote for. If you would like to send a headshot of yourself you can send those to email@example.com. Online voting will be on February 9 and 10.
A Trustee shall perform the duties in good faith; in a manner reasonably believed to be in the best interests of the Organization; and with the care that an ordinarily prudent person in a like position would use under similar circumstances. In performing duties, a Trustee is entitled to rely on information, opinions, reports or statements, including financial statements or other financial data prepared or presented by:
- One or more Trustees, Officers or employees of the Organization whom the Trustee reasonably believes are reliable and competent in the matters prepared or presented;
- Counsel, public accountants or other persons as to matters that the Trustee reasonably believes are within the person’s professional or expert competency;
- A committee of Trustees upon which he does not serve.
The term of office for each Trustee shall be three consecutive years; a trustee shall be eligible to serve three terms or nine consecutive years before being required to leave the Board for at least one full year before gaining eligibility to serve a fourth and final three year term.
- Trustees whose three year term has expired can seek re-election at the annual meeting as long as the trustee is qualified.
- Nominations to the Board shall be made by a Nominating Committee appointed by the President.
- Nominations for trustee can also be made at the annual meeting from the floor by any member present providing the individual nominated has provided a signed and written statement expressing a willingness to serve; or has personally notified at least two Trustees of the desire to be considered as a Trustee.
- Each Trustee is expected to serve the term for which elected and until a successor has been appointed or elected.
- At all elections for Trustee, candidates receiving the greatest number of votes shall be elected.
- A secret ballot will be provided by the Secretary anytime two or more people are seeking a single open seat as trustee.
A member of the Board of Trustees who is absent from three consecutive regular meetings without being excused by a vote of the Trustees can be removed as a member of the Board of Trustees.
The Organization may hold regular and special meetings.
- Regular meetings shall be held not less than eight (8) times each year on the same day and time each month as approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Special meetings of the Board may be called by the President, or by three or more Trustees.
- An agenda for a regular or special meeting shall be provided each Trustee by U.S. Mail service or E-mail at least five (5) days prior to a scheduled meeting.
- A member of the Board of Trustees shall be entitled to one vote on all matters presented to the Board of Trustees.
- At any meeting the Board of Trustees at which a quorum is present, all questions coming before the Board of Trustees for decision shall be decided by a vote of majority of the Board of Trustees present at the meeting.
Duty of Care:
In carrying out the directives of a board decision a board member has the duty to exercise reasonable care when he or she makes a decision for the organization. Reasonable care is what an “ordinarily prudent” person in a similar situation would do.
Duty of Loyalty:
A board member must never use information gained through his/her position for personal gain; and must always act in the best interests of the organization as per the conflict of interest policy.
Duty of Service:
A board member must be faithful to the organization’s mission. He or she cannot act in a way that is inconsistent with the organization’s goals. The board member is trusted by the membership to manage funds to fulfill the organization’s mission.
4 hours each for the following events:
Wine and Arts Festival, setup, during the event, or tear down
Craft Distillers Festival, setup, during the event, or tear down.
Tacos and Tequila, setup, during the event, or tear down
Mistletoe Market, setup, during the event, or tear down
1 ½ hours once a month for regular Board Meetings
1 hour each month to serve on a committee
46 hours to total for the year.