To read the Ohio Revised Code in regards to a DORA, visit http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4301.82
GROVE CITY TOWN CENTER
Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA)
What is the Grove City Town Center Designated Outdoor Area (DORA) and how does it work?
Patrons age 21 and older may purchase an alcoholic beverage from an approved, liquor-permitted establishment; then sip, stroll, shop and explore within the DORA boundaries of Grove City’s historic Town Center.
Before a patron plans to leave the liquor-permitted establishment with alcohol, he/she must request a DORA-designated cup.
Only beverages in DORA cups are permitted and protected from Grove City’s open-container laws. No cans, bottles or alcoholic beverages purchased from non-DORA establishments, are permitted within the DORA.
What are the DORA hours?
2 p.m. to midnight, Monday – Sunday, excluding Thursday, Oct. 29 and Saturday, Dec. 2.
What are the rules?
- Purchase an alcoholic drink at a DORA-designated establishment and have the beverage poured into a specially marked cup.
- Drink and stroll along the sidewalks and in shops within the DORA boundaries.
- Alcoholic beverages CANNOT be brought from one liquor-permitted bar/restaurant to another establishment that serves alcohol.
- Purchase an alcoholic beverage at an authorized location and enjoy it while strolling within the DORA boundaries. The drink must be in an official DORA cup.
- Sip and Shop! You are welcome to take a DORA drink into an establishment that does not have a liquor license. A business owner/operator who does not permit DORA drinks, will display such signage.
- Dispose of your DORA cup properly when you finish. Help keep Grove City beautiful!
- Have fun while respecting that not all individuals within the DORA boundaries are drinking.
- Maintain a family-friendly atmosphere at all times.
- Bring your own alcoholic beverages into Town Center.
- Walk around with an alcoholic drink not in a designated DORA cup (no cans, glass or drinks purchased elsewhere are permitted).
- Take a beverage purchased from one liquor-permitted DORA establishment, into another liquor-permitted establishment. You must dispose of your previously purchased DORA cup/beverage before entering another liquor-permitted establishment.
Where can DORA beverages be purchased?
Current DORA-authorized establishments include:
- Grandstand Pizza
- Grove City Brewing Co.
- Hop Yard 62
- Local Cantina
- Town Center Pub
- Plank’s on Broadway
- Plum Run Winery
- Zassy’s Taproom
- Lillys Kegg 1912
The map designates the boundaries of the DORA (perimeter signs in place) and the liquor-permitted DORA establishments.